In honor of March 8th, which is International Women’s Day, I wanted to share with you 17 ways I’m trying to honor the main woman in my life, Christina!
If you want to know a bit more about Christina check out these posts.
Note: The following confessions are something I strive for but often fail at or don’t do well.
17 Confessions of a Good Husband
- I will humbly allow God to grow me through my mistakes and the difficulties of marriage because I believe marriage is one of God’s greatest tools to push me towards godliness.
- I will be very slow to point out any of my wife’s failures because my failures and sins should always be greater in my eyes than her sins.
- I will seek her forgiveness regularly and promptly.
- I will forgive her even when she doesn’t ask for it.
- I will do everything to make sure a constant spirit of forgiveness and grace permeates our marriage.
- I will not demand her love but rather graciously accept it and try to live worthy of it because I don’t deserve her love for me.
- I will pray with my wife and pray for my wife every day.
- I will make my wife’s spiritual needs one of my greatest concerns.
- I will be very careful with my words because a hurtful word can never be completely taken back.
- I will strive for truth and honesty with grace and respect in all my conversations with her.
- I will daily search the Scriptures and seek God because I simply cannot lead my wife spiritually if I am not growing spiritually myself.
- I will never tell my wife that I wish she was more like me, instead I’ll just stop for a minute and imagine how awful it would be, to be married to me!
- I will acknowledge to anyone and everyone that my success in almost every aspect can be directly attributed to my wife!
- I will listen quietly and humbly and without self-justification to my wife’s criticism because only God himself knows me better than my wife.
- I will never tell her that her job is easier than mine.
- I will place my relationship with God first and with my wife second and never allow another relationship to supersede those two primary relationships.
- I will fight for her heart daily through unselfish service, kind words, gentle demeanor, and unwavering faithfulness!