Misconceptions and false expectations about ministry can disappoint and discourage us.
In this episode of “Now Is the Time” I talk about some common misconceptions about the ministry that I have often come across. I also share with you some key ministry plans for this month.
Earlier this week I published a post on “How to Find a Good Ministry” This podcast is really a continuation of that topic.
9 Misconceptions About Ministry
- I’ll only be involved in a ministry that specifically is related to my spiritual gift.
- I will always have a deep desire and passion for the ministry.
- As long as I am serving according to my spiritual gift it will be easy.
- Until the pastor gives me a ministry I can’t really do anything.
- I’m the only one who can do this ministry.
- This is MY ministry.
- Everyone will be so thankful that I finally took this ministry upon myself.
- Real ministries should take place in the church facility on Sunday morning if possible.
- This ministry wasn’t successful before because no one knew how to do it correctly.
- Pray for the CMI’s first online theological training class this April,
- Pray for the church in Antratsit Ukraine whose church building has been seized by separatist for a second time.
- Pray for Hope for People Church as they write their first church constitution.
- Pray for ABWE Ukraine team meetings this month in Kyiv.