Simply put, “Tell the Truth” this is the best book I’ve ever read on evangelism. That’s why I decided to track down author and evangelist Will Metzter and spend some time talking with him about his classic book on sharing the Gospel.
In this episode of “Now Is the Time” I interview Will Metzger and we talk about some of the biggest problems in contemporary evangelism.
In the News
- Recently I published some more details on the church in Krasny Luch that was visited by the authorities. You can read about that here.
- Please continue to pray for churches from Eastern Ukraine.
- Recently week we started our Old Testament Survey class online. We have students from countries around the world who are studying in Russian.
- Please pray for our students to study well and for our teachers.
- This week our annual CMI conference starts. This is a vital time for our institute as we gather our teachers and Bible school leaders.
- Please pray for our institute staff and for God’s leading in this Bible conference.
About Will Metzger
Let me first tell you how amazingly pleasant it was for me to interview a man like Will Metzger whose 50 years of experience in evangelism and student ministry makes him a wealth of experience and knowledge.
However, it’s not just the experience and knowledge that makes a person successful in evangelism or as a Christian in general, it’s the heart. I can tell you that this man has a heart for God and for people. Even in my interview his heart for what is happening in Ukraine came out as he started asking me the questions and at the end of the interview he even prayed for me!
This interview blessed me just as much or more than the book did and I hope it will bless you too.
About the Book
Will Metzger’s book is really a classic, it’s been republished four times and there’s a reason for that, it’s good! Not only does it help the Christian gain a balanced and Biblical understanding of evangelism but it also helps you gain a heart for sharing the Good News of Jesus.
This is a book that will have a prominent place on my shelf for a long time. It’s not the kind of book that you read once and put away to collect dust. No, this book is also meant to be a resource, something that you can turn to often in your pursuit of effective evangelism.
“Metzger’s training manual on helping people to care about truth and face the truth about Jesus is first class of its kind.” -J. I. Packer
“We recommend it to everyone who asks for practical help in personal evangelism.” -Dr. John MacArthur Jr.
“This book soars with a fresh passion for the supremacy of God in truth-driven evangelism. May God use it to move thousands to make much of Christ among the perishing.” -John Piper