| 2 Firsts in 1 Month!
Your prayers helped me finish teaching Basic Bible Doctrines class this month and now you can keep praying for those students as they work on their class projects. This was my first time to teach a CMI class in Russian, thus your prayers were much needed for me and for the students!
This month we also started a nursery ministry in our church. Our church is young and for the past couple of years there have been at least half a dozen babies born each year! That makes for a busy foyer with parents strolling their children around during the service. Thankfully, we were finally able to fix up the room that was disignated for the nursery and on March 17th we officially began using it. Nickolas was one of the first customers and he just could’t contain his joy when he saw the toys and balloons!
- Praise for succesfull completion of Basic Bible Doctrines
- Pray for students as they work on their class projects
- Praise for opening of the nursery
Guests from Jerusalem
This week the biggest class of the year started at our CMI headquarters in Odessa, Ukraine. The class, “Historical Background of the Bible”, is being taught by a couple who has lived in Israel for over 20 years. Hearing from first hand experience is a great way to help our students grasp a better understanding of God’s Word and will translate to more effective preaching and teaching in churches across Ukraine.
The class concludes tomorrow (Friday, march 30th). For pictures and information checkout the CMI’s facebook page and twitter.
- Pray for stamina for students and teachers as they finish the class this week
- Pray that students would gain a better understanding of God’s Word
- Praise for a healthy turnout of students
There is almost nothing more central to church planting than evangelism and the beginning steps of discipleship. This is the last class of the school year and we are hoping for another good group of students. The class starts on April 7th and I will once again be teaching part of it.
We have decided to make the “Good Soil” evangelism and discipleship seminar a requirement for this class. I will be teaching this part of the class on two Saturdays, one in April and one in May.
- Pray for students to finish the year out well
- Pray for me as well as the two other teachers
- Pray for God to make this course practical in the lives of the students
It’s hard to believe it’s been 20 years since Christina’s home church in Cherkassy, began! Christina’s family was amongst the first to join the church in the early days. I’ll be heading up to Cherkassy for Easter and to be there for the 20 year anniversary of the church on April 15 and 16.
- Pray for safety on the roads
- Praise for 20 years of ministry at Gospel House Church